Friday, October 1, 2010

the sweetest of sweet spring days


today, on this sweetest of sweet spring days, with the sky so blue, the sun so warm, the breeze so crisp, we become home owners.  Our very first family home.  A beautiful weatherboard, with charming ceilings, wood features throughout, a backyard for the kids....a backyard!  Living in Melbourne we went from renting an apartment in the heart of the city with a balcony with a view.....to renting a house in the suburbs with a gravel area out the back that saw no real sun....to renting a unit with a courtyard where we could enjoy bbq's and meals outside in the gorgeous Australian sun......but never a real backyard, with grass and space to run and play.  Oh my, you have no idea how excited we all are.  In a few hours....a few HOURS!......what we have been dreaming of for so long, talking about, imagining, is about to happen.  We will pick up the keys, and head over to have fish & chips and wine (champagne!) on the floor of our new home.  home.  home.  And do you know what secretly is my favourite thing about it?  I will have my own studio.  A room, a whole room where I can work, that I can decorate with everything that inspires me.....oh boy, am I dreaming???

3 comments:

  1. congratulations, Sus. exciting news! i wish you all well in new home. clearly, the move back to NZ was the right one. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!! I bet that champers will taste just that little bit sweeter & the joy you will be feeling so grand! A very special time indeed XO

    ReplyDelete