Wednesday, November 25, 2009

How inspiring is this!?

Erin Carver, one of my oldest friends, is an incredibly talented artist.  We have been friends for about 17 years, and over the years as her art has developed, I have been inspired and in awe of her talent.  I am so proud of her, she has recently opened up 2 online shops (Etsy and Felt), and has her first market stall this weekend - if you happen to be in the Hawkes Bay area of New Zealand this weekend, go and say hello!


A couple of weeks ago Erin created her first ever calendar from her Beautiful Words series- 12 pages of her gorgeous art, how could I resist.  Except before I had a chance to purchase a calendar, I received one in the mail...thank you Erin! 
It is beautiful, and I am so inspired by it.  I can't decide which month is my favourite, with words such as this how can you choose a favourite?? -

"you are full of possibility"
"dream crazy. big. beautiful. (your imagination knows no boundaries)"
"trust your intuition.  take chances.  say yes."
"create yourself. (you are an artist)"




I have each card up on my inspiration wire, and already have plans to frame each mini print (minus the dates) once the month is over.  My only problem is - how will I wait until the end of next year to have 12 mini prints of Erin Carver's framed?  :)




If you are new to Erin's work, I highly recommend the calendar as a way to receive 12 mini prints at once - and watch her space - it is only a matter of time before Erin will be exhibiting her art in galleries...

3 comments:

  1. I don't know what to say! Thank you so much for all your inspiration and support my lovely friend - I am truly blessed! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful post for a good friend! And her art is indeed worth looking at! Love the calendar!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Erin's work! Her calendar looks AMAZING! :)

    ReplyDelete